Trick-or-Treats for Dogs!
With trick-or-treating right around the corner, you will want to be sure you have enough treats for everyone who shows up to your house. Check out these dog treat recipes to hand out to the pups that come to your door in costume!
Cheesy Bone Treats
- 4 cups of flour
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp-1/4 cup of oil
- 1 1/3 cups of water
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- Combine flour and cheese.
- Stir in oil and water. Adjust liquid as necessary to make stiff dough.
- Roll on floured cutting board to 3/8″ Cut with bone shaped cutter.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 2 1/2 – 3 hours
Bacon Cheddar Dog Treats
- 4 strips of bacon cooked crispy
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 ½ cup Milled Oatmeal
- 2 large Eggs
- Additional Milled Oatmeal (if needed)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine Bacon, Cheese, and Oatmeal in mixing bowl. Allow mixer to break bacon and cheese up into little bits
- Add Eggs to the dry mixture to form a thick sticky dough
- Dust surface of counter with additional milled oatmeal, to prevent sticking
- Roll dough out to approximately ¼ of an inch. Use cookie cutters to cut out desired shapes
- Bake treats on a parchment paper lined baking tray for approximately 20 minutes. Treats will be a pale brown when they’re ready
- Allow to cool completely before feeding to your pet.
Yogurt Peanut Butter Banana Dog Treats
- 32 oz Plain Yogurt
- 3 Tablespoons Peanut Butter (make sure it doesn’t contain xylitol, which is toxic to dogs)
- 1 Large Banana, Sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- Put all ingredients into a food processor or blender. Blend until creamy.
- Fill a silicone mold or an ice tray
- Freeze for at least 2 hours
- Pop out of molds and serve
*Keep extras in airtight container in the freezer
Pumpkin Peanut Butter Dog Treats
- 1 Cup Pumpkin
- ½ Cup Peanut Butter
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ Cup Oil
- 2 ½ Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine pumpkin, peanut butter, eggs, and oil in a bowl. Add in baking soda and whole wheat flour. Stir until a stiff dough forms. Knead dough or mix just until flour is incorporated.
- Roll out dough with a rolling pin and use a cookie cutter to cut out dog bone shapes, or just bake into little circles like cookies
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Let cool before serving